At the start of quarantine I was going more than a little stir crazy. To take my mind off of things, I decided to challenge myself with the McCalls 7925 shirtdress pattern. Fitted silhouette! 29 pattern pieces! Striped pattern matching! Plackets! Buttons! I guess I needed something to *really* concentrate on.
I am happy to report that I am no longer intimidated by creating button holes on my sewing machine. Speaking of buttons, these matching fabric covered buttons were actually what sold me on buying this duvet at the thrift store in the first place! I am a huge advocate of shopping the linens section of you local thrift store and this duvet did not disappoint.
PATTERN: McCalls 7925, View B with the Sleeves from View C – you can buy it here.
FABRIC: 100% Striped Cotton (thrifted!)
MODIFICATIONS: No modifications, but I did switch around the sleeves from View C and also added the sash from View D (it’s sewing into the side seams of the waistband). This is one of my most ambitious sewing patterns to date, so I wasn’t feeling terribly adventurous in the alterations category. If anything, I would reduce the length of fabric in the bodice if I made this pattern again.
DRESS: Made By Me!